Now that labor day is over it is time for my favorite season for deep colors, boots, sweaters, and great coats. The thing I like most about fall is getting back to comfort clothing without completely having to bundle up for winter. There are some tips that are essential for the fall weather for us full-figured ladies.
- Silhouette still matters: Even though we are getting into weather where more bulk wear is required it is still important that we show our curves in the most figure flattering way. Where sweaters that are thin and can be paired with a wide belt to accentuate the smallest part of your body. This can be a boy cardigan with a button down and some jeans worn with a wide leather belt. It is also important to ensure that when wearing tops that are oversized like tunics pairing them with fitted bottoms like skinny jeans.
- Leggings really are a girls best friend: I cannot think of a better way to say I am here to fall then a great pair of leggings, jeggings, or any other type of eggings they decide to come out with. They are versatile, come in many varieties and are the perfect staple for fall and even leading into winter. Also perfectly pair with thigh or knee-high boots.
- Scarf Essentials: For me a scarf is a go to accessory when fall kicks off. It is a great way to bring color or print into an outfit without overpowering it. I normally shop Nordstrom’s collection of scarves in their accessory department. For something even more affordable and just as fun you can browse H&M or even Macy’s.
- Boots that fit: See my past blog post BOOT”ylicious” for my top pics!
- Form flattering dresses: I have found some great fall finds when it comes to dresses for my body type. Of course one being the infamous wrap dress created by Diane von Furstenberg. The original version is a bit pricey but this Suzi Chin Ruched version is just as form flattering. To see a full assortment on Nordstrom.com click here. Great with pumps to dress up or thigh high boots to commemorate fall.